Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rocky Mountain National Park Locked in Winter

I took this photo two days ago while flying high above Rocky Mountain National Park. The sun had set a five minutes earlier, but enough alpine glow remained for me to get this shot.

I've spent some time in Rocky Mountain National Park so I can give you a little tour via this photo. The ridge on the left bottom is where Trail Ridge Road crosses the mountains. The main ridge in the center of the frame is the continental divide. At the end of the center ridge is Long's Peak, the highest mountain in Rocky Mountain National Park. This is me on top of Longs Peak.

I photographed these guys two summers ago. They're probably sleeping somewhere under all that snow right now, or maybe they're in a coyote's belly?

No comments: