Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mojave's End


Mojave's End, originally uploaded by Gamut's Edge.

Ok, I am posting the first photo in this photography blog. I'm using flickr to host the photos. It was fairly easy to set up. Right now it is 3:09 in the morning and I am sitting in San Francisco International waiting for BART to start running again. We were running late and I missed the last BART to East Bay. One more hour and it starts to run again. If I figure out how to link photos from flikr with a fried brain it can't be too difficult.

About the photo. I took this about 100 miles east of Los Angeles. I'll copy and paste the flick description cuz I'm too tired to write "Mountains in south central California at the edge of the Mojave Desert. The hot desert air creates low pressure which draws in moist air from the Pacific Ocean, The moist air creates haze in the valleys and a small thunderhead over a ridge top"

I really like this shot. The little thunderhead, haze, and clear ridges above the haze.

No comments: